Sunday, July 7, 2013

Labor pains of a different kind

This morning we were told Della would come after 10.  So we nervously waited, listening for the sound of a vehicle horn "asking" for the gates to the hotel compound to be opened from the inside.  I got my camera ready...we heard the horn....we peered through the window and waited to see if it was Della.  A man who worked for the hotel walked from the car and came to our door asking "Price?".  This was it, the time to meet her finally.  We walked to the car anxiously and looked in.  She was wearing one of Josey's old jackets and was asleep.  As I took her in my arms she looked at me and held onto my arm.  She didn't make a peep, just looked.  



After 2 more minutes we were alone with her, so beautiful.  We checked out her beautiful long, curly eyelashes, her puff balls of hair, her dark chocolate skin.
  







As I write this I pause to hold her hand while she tries to sleep, reassurance that this mama will NEVER leave her.

She had a fever today since the time we got her, was only awake for 2 of the first 10 hours.  She ate and drank little.  We learned later on while the doctor came to see her that Della's housemate had a fever also and they believe it is the flu.  Doug insisted that I not pack my otoscope (yes, I have one.... I have 4 kids and no time to waste going to the doctor for no reason).  Guess who needed it?  The doctor!  He was impressed, calling me "mama doctor".  We were not impressed that he didn't carry doctor's tools!  Della's fever has come down but she's still sleeping. 

We also learned she has been getting physical therapy 3 times a week for her legs since we took on her referral last August.   

As I held her today, it engulfs me like a flood, I have a glimpse of how God looks at me.  He has adopted me into His family.  He loves me no matter where I've come from, unconditionally.  His love is so unbelievably deep.  

Well, we are to possibly go to immigration tomorrow morning for our exit document appt.  We also plan to meet Della's foster mom "Mama Josee"!  Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment