Friday, January 11, 2013

God's work has made us a family of 7!

How relieved and excited we are to now become Della's family, officially!  God has grown our family in a miraculous way!  We received word today we have legally become Della's parents.  Now we patiently wait to be united with her.  We are preparing her room and getting toys out of boxes for her age, and for some reason all my children (9,7,6, and 4 years) have reverted to toddler stage enjoying them all like they've never seen them before.  Josey says we need to fill Della's drawers with her clothes  :). 

As I look at the most recent update photos of Della (which I will post after she's in our arms), and see her hair growing and her face filling out it's very difficult to not be with her physically.  We have yet to see her smile.  I watch my other children growing and learning new things and I wonder "Is Della pulling herself up... how many teeth does she have....does she talk yet?"  We are very limited in what information we receive.  What keeps me going is to know that God knows all those things.  He knows her story, who her parents are.  He saw that exact glorious moment she was born.  He knows who her family will be for the rest of her life, what she will become. 

As my friend told me, God will do this in a way that gives Him all the glory.  This story, this journey points to Him.  There is no other explanation for how this adoption came about.  This could not have been attained by our own power or understanding. 

"Neither this [child] nor [her] parents sinned, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in [her] life" (John 9:3).     

No comments:

Post a Comment