Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Questions & Excuses: Part I










For those of you who know me, this might come as a surprise to you, but I have been reading lately.  Usually my definition of "reading" is looking at pictures or photos.  Two books have impacted my thoughts quite a bit.  The first is "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan who is a pastor of a huge network of churches who has dedicated his life (along with his family's life) to people.  The second book is "Kisses From Katie" by Katie Davis who, as an 18 year old, moved to Uganda and "gave up"  all she had for the orphans there and gained 14 adopted children as well as caring for more than 200 others.  These two authors are fearless in their pursuit for God's will in their life.  As Francis Chan states "I think a lot of us need to forget about God's will for my life.  God cares more about our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than about what we intend to do next year."  Where is the Spirit leading me today?



 "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.  God , who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, know what we know, and holds up responsible to act"  Proverbs 24:12.







No comments:

Post a Comment